Wednesday, April 7, 2010
The Road Ahead
This morning, upon waking, I decided to re-catalogue the skeletons of all my book ideas. After weeding out the contemporarily less viable ones, I was left with about 28 novels, and four graphic novels. I ran out of go-juice before getting through all of them, so the stack of 'to-do' items is larger yet.
I find again that it is important to get finger to key, or pencil to paper and push these works from my mind to printed type. The large fault I've had with my writing since middle school (or perhaps before), is that I do not have the gift of short story. I never have been able to stop writing a book.
As I am working through one or two novels, I'll get another four or five great ideas for additional texts unrelated to the one I'm working on. Sometimes I'll spider off and work on them. The endgame is more tasks due out with none removed from my list.
If it came to pass that I could have a career in sharing my mind and imagination with the world through picture, text, and maybe even screen, I know that I would never run out of resources. The world today (especially Hollywood), is low on originality. Though I can't claim to be truly original, I have so many fresh ideas that haven't been attempted yet to my knowledge, and it is clouding which path to take first.
I just have to plow ahead and get one work on the shelves. That might help the process.
I find again that it is important to get finger to key, or pencil to paper and push these works from my mind to printed type. The large fault I've had with my writing since middle school (or perhaps before), is that I do not have the gift of short story. I never have been able to stop writing a book.
As I am working through one or two novels, I'll get another four or five great ideas for additional texts unrelated to the one I'm working on. Sometimes I'll spider off and work on them. The endgame is more tasks due out with none removed from my list.
If it came to pass that I could have a career in sharing my mind and imagination with the world through picture, text, and maybe even screen, I know that I would never run out of resources. The world today (especially Hollywood), is low on originality. Though I can't claim to be truly original, I have so many fresh ideas that haven't been attempted yet to my knowledge, and it is clouding which path to take first.
I just have to plow ahead and get one work on the shelves. That might help the process.
Labels:
book outline,
book planning,
graphic novel,
novel,
writing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment